Tuesday, January 03, 2006

AIR JAMAICA'S JAZZ and BLUES FESTIVAL

I have always thought of going in quite a whimsical way because I never had the money But this year they have Air Supply on their line-up and all of a sudden I am trying to figure out how I can make it work.

To say I am an Air Supply fan is an understatement (even though for years I thought Richard Simmonds was the original lead singer). I saw a current picture and they look quite old now (white people never age as gracefully). I worry that they won't sound as I hear them on mp3. But why should they? It still is an opportunity of a life-time!

I missed Kenny Rogers, Neil Diamond, Lionel Ritchie...... I'm still sobbing over that one. A friend of mine had Kenny Rogers tickets but was on-call and so missed everything. Had he told me he had tickets I would have used them for him, since they were non-refundable.

It seems I'll have company to go down but I just may be on duty. I think I can work that out in my favour. So I just need to confirm plans. It appears that I have already convinced myself. Damn I'm good.

Anyway, for those left behind, below is the line-up as posted on the official site.

Thursday January 26, 2006
• Shaggy
• John Legend
• Nestor Torres
• Morgan Heritage
• Lyfe Jennings

Friday January 27, 2006
• Al Green
• Air Supply
• Bo Diddley
• Richie Stephens
• Nicole Henry

Saturday January 28, 2006
• Patti LaBelle
• James Ingram
• Maxi Priest
• KEM
• 50 year Anniversary tribute to Byron Lee featuring a number of artists that have worked with Byron over the years. including:
• Mighty Sparrow
• Marcia Griffiths
• Arrow
• Ernie Smith
• Ken Lazarus
• Keith Lyn
• Pluto
• "Merry Men"
• Portrait artiste live on stage ‘Jean Francois

No comments: