Monday, April 10, 2006

Almost Deleted (not original)

Not too long ago my husband and one of his best friends had a tiff. After telling me what had happened, my husband told me to delete his friend's name from the cell phone speed dial. I hesitated and told him he was just angry and not to act too quickly. He insisted he would attempt to do it himself if I didn't, so I did. That is when I had my Mountain Wings Moment.

I told him, "It's easy to delete his name from the phone, but be careful about deleting him from your life. Friends are blessings from God and even though sometimes they disappoint us, we should realize they are just human."From nowhere (I know now it was the Holy Spirit) I said,"What if God deleted our names from the Book of Life every time we let Him down? I wouldn't have a chance because I know I fail to live up to His expectations everyday."

Nothing else was said but I thought about it for a very long time. We so often let anger cause us to banish people from our lives for the most trivial reasons, only to regret it, sometimes after it's too late.Thankfully my husband and his friend worked things out and their friendship survived. What I learned most from the experiencewas how grateful I am that I serve a loving God who doesn't delete me just because I let Him down.

~A MountainWings Original by Miriam Brooks, State Road, NC~

No comments: