Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm rich beeeatch!

Today's post inspired by BassChocolate's post "Material Man".

I too didn't necessarily want to be rich in adulthood, but wanted to be 'well-off'. That meant to me that I could afford the things I wanted, when I wanted them, without having to agonize over the decision ... (eat or buy gas for this Porsche 911 twin turbo?). As a Christian I also struggled with the verse "It is easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to make it into heaven". Sounds like I shouldn't want to be rich because it could spell disaster for my eternal soul and after-all I wasn't living 'soul-ly' for this world!

"What profit-eth a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?" ...Is another scriptural passage that had/has me concerned about how I reconcile my pursuit of material things. Certainly I have no intention of dying over money or its sire, but I would like to make their aquaintance and develop some sort of lasting friendship. So we can talk about rich in spirit and rich in friends and love and all that, and if it results in your table never being empty and your dwelling filled with love, you might not miss the financial riches of this world. I know I want shares in that stock offering, but the IPO price is steep. It requires dying to self.... the one you wanted to 'en-rich' in the first place!

"Put your trust in God, store up treasures in heaven where they are worth more to you than on earth where tomorrow is not guaranteed to you" (mixture of another 3 verses of scripture). Again a suggestion to avoid the pitfalls of toiling away for creature comforts here when the pursuit of heaven is a greater prize. Is there room for acquiring both? If not then choose ye this day who ye will follow... mammon or God....! If so then let Him be your opportunity crier and financial advisor/backer! His clientele do very well when their motives are pure!

"Mo' money mo' problems" from hip-hop book of life observations. Said by the Notorious B.I.G soon after he became richer than he ever dreamed/expected and before his fat ass got shot! So he ain't here to enjoy it. Fact is ya can't take it with you! So enjoy it while you've got it and get it while you can enjoy it. Which brings us back to how you procure it!

Rae-rae, ppll'll stick you for your papers faster if your rise to financial freedom is tainted with much misdeeds. Honest rises leaves fewer enemies in your wake and more opportunists at your front door.... or security post! Problem is that honest rises usually level off at 'well-off'.

Desire, determination, sacrifice, opportunity, and investment is a sure fire way to get to rich and then on to wealthy. Reality is that very few possess all of the 5 traits needed all at the same time. If you have the desire and determination aftre the opportunity has passed you had better know how to make more opportunities or else forget it.

You may have noticed that I left off education. That's because you don't... I repeat you DO NOT NEED AN EDUCATION to get rich or become wealthy. Most who are wealthy had the sense to recognise an opportunity and sacrificed to make the investment and through sheer determination and the desire to make it work, got it to work. Along the way they hired people to understand what was happening. the educated ppl are 'well-off' and a minute percentage are rich.

Education opens your mind to a whole new world of knowledge and closes your mind to the world of faith. Education needs solid proof that something will work while the 'un-educated' work off a gut feeling not anaesthetised by education. So they will always employ you, and you will always work for them. You need them to stay 'well-off'. They don't need you to be rich/wealthy!

Selah!!


P.S. So what have I decided? God bopped me over the head with the opportunity to be in a profession that has enough options so that I can work for myself. He has given me a determination and a self-belief to accomplish whatever I set my mind to. I am always willing to sacrifice when I set my mind to something. I talk to everyone and read voraciously, so I am always seeing opportunites. My mind is always ticking (except in ethanol induced hazes.... it whirls in the wrong direction). But...... I can't seem to desire the material stuff long enough to make it work.

C'est la vie?! Joie de ma vie!!

2 comments:

Diallo Dixon said...

Nice post BB

Bashmentbasses said...

Thanx D. Glad someone thought it interesting.