Sunday, August 13, 2006

To my delight..

Instead of studying, reading the Sunday newspapers as is my custom or watching the pot properly as I was cooking, I was searching the IMDB website for movies that I missed so that I could...... rent them..... yeah, that's it!! I'm a movie buff. I watch movies because they were made. Now I realise that I can't watch every movie that has come out but I try to see the block busters and the silent hits. School has messed up my hobby big time (as did poverty) and so I end up watching something at the cinema when time and money coincide..... not very often.

In my search through Imdb's site I came across the current list of movies slated to be released in 2009. Why would I be looking at that list? I was curious to see who was brazen enough to point where they was gonna hit dat home run/6! Anyways folks guess what......?!

1. Underworld 3
2. Superman Returns Sequel
3. Thor
4. The Jetsons
5. Captain America

Of course my excitment spilled over to the list for 2008:

1. Happy Days
2. Firestorm
3. Escape from Planet Earth
4. Doom Patrol
5. Conan the Barbarian
6. Chronicles of Narnia: The Prince Caspian
7. A Christmas Carol
8. The Changeling
9. The Avatar
10. Adventures in Baby-sitting
11. Incredible Hulk
12. Indiana Jones 4
13. Incredible Shrinking Man
14. Jurassic Park 4
15. Terminator 4
16. Knight Rider
17. Madagascar 2
18. Magic Kingdom for Sale
19. Metal Gear Solid
20. Voltron
21. Star Trek XI
22. The Smurfs
23. Speed Racer
24. Power of the Dark Crystal

All from 2009 are still in pre-production and so they may never make it to the screen. Some from the 2008 list are a little further along, but I don't recall any of them listed as ready for filming. The beautiful thing about it is that...... I'll be working! I'll have some money to afford to go! I'll be out of school!! I'll be with Flow or at least have some crazy speed connection..... (oops did I say that out loud?!) ..... so that I can.... organize..... by e-mail.... movie flexes... yeah... that's it!

I didn't have time to go through all the 1834 titles for 2007 listed. But most are in filming now. Just a few to whet your appetite:

1. Alien Vs Predator 2
2. Bourne Ultimatum
3. Castlevania
4. Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer
5. Fraggle Rock
6. Futurama
7. Ghost Rider
8. TheGhost who walks
9. Highlander 6
10. Hostel 2

Do you realise that if I was to watch every movie on my list I'd be spending about $10K per year on movies?! Then of course you add gas money or bus fare cause it might just work out betta fi go tek di bus dung a Carib! I stop buy food at the cinema cause I only eat Jumbo hotdog (usually full house) and large soda. Dats another $500. So if is me one go them its $1000 per movie (assuming price don't raise durin dat time..... who am I kidding)! Of course by 08 there'll be no more solo trips (except for the horrors.... which I'll probably get limited permission to go see). Sigh.

Selah!!

4 comments:

Bashmentbasses said...

Others for 2007:

1. Wonder Woman
2. Zorro 2110
3. Young Hannibal: Behind the Mask
4. Wolverine
5. White Noise 2:The Light
6. Welcome Back Kotter
7. Transformers
8. Tekken
9. Swiss Family Robinson
10. Spy Hunter
11. Spiderman 3
12. Resident Evil Extinction
13. Revenge of the Nerds 4
14. Rush Hour 3
15. Shrek the Third
16. Simpson's Movie
17. Shazam
18. Mrs. Doubtfire 2
19. The Munsters
20. Mutant Chronicles
21. National Treasure 2
22. Nancy Drew
23. Ocean's 13
24. Pacman
25. Police Academy 9
26. Prince of Persia: Sands of time
27. Magnum P.I.
28. Max Payne
29. Mighty Mouse
30. Mortal Kombat: Devastation

Bashmentbasses said...

And more:

1. Monk
2. The Harder they come
3. Hawaii Five-O
4. Harry potter and the Order of the Phoenix
5. Jekyll and Hyde
6. Ring 3

Reel Fanatic said...

Wow ... a Smurfs movie!?! .. that could very well be the world's greatest disaster, but I'll definitely be there to see it .. thanks for the info!

The Seeker said...

LOL!!!!!!!!
hush wrt the horror movies.
Price for points is sometimes high.