Saturday, February 24, 2007

(Not worth the read)

I'm one of those sort-of goody-goody students who is always at school and very helpful. I may be accused of being a teacher's pet but that is never my aim. I learn by hearing> seeing and doing, which is fine for me but requires me to be around to hear the explanation along with seeing what is done. That translates into having to be around more than the average bear.

Med students are taught that they ought to stick together because their group mates will be their co-workers in short order. Snitching out people is actually frowned upon, so doing for yourself really is your undoing. So I am always at school and always covering for those who are absent.

But with 57 days to exam and a feeling that "That's all I can stand, I can stand no more" I took a day off..... the way I feel I'm not sure if it's just a day! I did errands, helped my cuz with some work, drank a couple beers (ice cold ..... frosty if you will), did my daily Sudoku, spent some time with my SO, went to Jazz concert at Devon House ('Blues on the green'), finished off the night with good company at Jamrock.... All in all, a day well spent!

But I didn't have a traditional good reason to take a day.... I just didn't feel like going and so I didn't. With regards to school, that is a new concept to me. Don't get me wrong, I always feel like not going and always go..... until now. Whenever I've missed school before it was always some compelling reason (perhaps its importance exaggerated, but excuseable non-the-less).

Boy, all this concern over something really trivial that has already passed and can't be undone. Mind you, I've gone to school and then walked out of class and jumped on a bus heading to Ochi or Morant Bay, just for the fun of it. But I felt better about doing that because I had already turned up.

In addition, this week I missed/ignored/skulled 3 classes. Mind you, they were unscheduled classes not intended for my group but we were invited if we could make it. I did turn up for my scheduled class which was post-poned and so I refused to show for the rest although I had the time. I even hailed up the lecturer as I passed.

This entire week was stamped with annoyance at being at school. I suppose this happens when one is near the end of a very long journey, it gets annoying because you just want to get there and be done with it. The fact that they moved our exams closer together so that we have less time to prepare also makes it an interesting situation.

Anyway..... C'est la vie!

3 comments:

Miss Mel said...

I have done the same thing myself around the end of my final year. You've held out a lot longer than I did since I was doing that since first year. Take it in stride, think of yourself as a practising doctor,and value your time and activities accordingly. If you felt the need for a break then you probably did need it. Either way,spending time to recharge is always a good idea.

me said...

wait...I'm only supposed to be feeling that annoyance when?!
I must be ahead of my time then.
Hang in there dear, I heard it gets better after you retire.

Thinkbass said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA