Thursday, April 23, 2009

Regrets

I regret not following up my blog as I used to in previous years.  Everyday I see something else I can blog about, some mundane, some topical... all with something I can learn from.  But alas I have not been sharing in this medium.  I avoid lumping them and presenting bites because that's Bass chocolate's MO.  But none-the-less I just gonna speak extemporaneously.

HIJACKING
Let it not be said that I agree with any politician but.... if you have things in place to deal with what you are accustomed to dealing with, and a breech occurs outside of the culture.. I suspect you will be caught with your pants down too.  Everyone was in shock when they awoke to the news.  The first thing I thought was that the hijacker came down in the plane, not that he boarded in Ja!!  Dat don't mek no sense to me.  All now it don't mek sense.  Him coulda deh pon crack or have schizophrenia.. it is not a Jamaican tactic!!  My fear now is dat some idlers thinking to demself ... "hey, yu know seh mi neva ting bout dat!  Come mek wi Ijack one plane to farrin!"  

STRIKE
My fellow doctors decided that the best way to deal with the current economic impasse with the government is to go on strike.  Here's the problem.  If a patient dies on my watch because I was on-strike, then I am criminally responsible.  I may be able to get a lawyer to get me off on some technicality and suffer no real fall-out from something like that..... but I have a conscience that won't allow that.  I think it is not the best option at this time.  Yes we need to put pressure on the government to devise and execute transparent methods of collecting outstanding taxes.  As it is if they should manage to that, they would have made up their shortfall.  Instead they want to impose new taxes while freezing wages, allow a continuation of free market forces to worsen inflation, risk civic unrest, threaten the citizens with police retaliation if they want to protest, etc...
But we cannot in good conscience expect increases in wages at this time, given the country's economic difficulties.  I see first hand how health care suffers when patients can't afford medications because they have to choose between caring for children and buying meds.  That's unacceptable!  Until I went to the pharmacy to fill a prescription for my grandmother.  $8000 for pain killers and pressure meds!!!  How di backside pl gonna keep up?!

CHARITY
We need to become our brother's keeper.  It's the only way we will survive.  Nuff said!

BARAK
The man has been given a basket to carry water through hell!  He inherited a messed up economy.  If he manages to guide them through this, the powers that be will say they chose wisely.  If he falls on his face, they will say that a black man wasn't ready.  I wish him well and hope he makes it.  More people depend on his success than he realizes.  Lets see the reports on his first 100 days.

TALIBAN
We throw the title around, and many claim it when they are charlatans. The truth is that the talibans' biggest weapon is fear, thanx to the International Media.  No one can keep watch effectively forever.

Selah!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

日本飯島愛a片哪還有得下載的。

Anonymous said...

That's too simplistic a view of the situation.