Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Lost to life

Sometimes I stare off into the night sky
and wonder where it all went.
That part of my life that was mine and mine alone.
I could immerse myself in it like my forays into the midst of the pool
where there was just silence..... and me.

No one to please,
tolerate,
berate,
be responsible for,
be answerable to,
protect,
lead,
comfort....

Just the buoyancy of the water and my self-choreographed synchronised swimming....
Bobbing and diving..... enveloped and at peace. Loved and caressed.......

But now there is no time aportioned.
I no longer float but swim up stream.
No longer apart but asunder.
No part left to commissurate.........

Sometimes I still stare off into the night sky and wonder..........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting and poetic.

bassChocolate said...

I hate that feeling that life's going ahead of the pace I dictate. Nowadays that's how life always is. I'm feeling this post.