Thursday, June 08, 2006

Passing thoughts

Today the new Doctors were sworn/pledged in.  I decided to attend the function because I have a number of friends in that year plus I have been praying for them to succeed for the last 2 mths.

On the way over I saw that some unfortunate motorist had connected with the lightpost at the entrance to my community and budged it 2 feet.  That translates to a busted car and about 8 hrs without electricity whenever they decide to replace it.

I got there and watched in satisfaction and contentment that they were done with this part of the journey.  I watched others get emotional.  I even congratulated those I’d had reason to speak with.  I graciously declined the congratulations people gave to me as they mistook me for a graduand. Then it suddenly hit me….. I am a senior….there are no more super seniors to hide behind (not that I could comfortably fit behind any of them in any demension)!

My God!  I started walking home in a panic.  Soon I realised that I was walking at top speed and barely breathing.  I was skeeerd!!! I am skeeerd!

Anyway, being calmer now I had a fuller understanding of what I am in for.  Heaven help me.

On a more festive note, BIG UP TO THE HARTICAL ONE DEM CALL KATHERINE-E GORDON!!!!!  She is now to be known as Dr. Gordon.  Thanx to all those who joined me in rubbing knees for this momentous occassion.  It is a tremendous achievement!

 

Selah!!

2 comments:

bassChocolate said...

Have a number of friends in that class as well. Big up to them all!

laroper18 said...

Got chills when I heard Kat got through! Happy for her :-D