Sunday, April 22, 2007

Oh before I forget.....

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Yep its another one!

I stopped liking b'days when I was about 13 when reality stopped being suspended for me on that day. It's the natural order of things and it had to happen. It's a sign of getting on in years,....

Now I try to hide under my bed from the day and all it entails. But I am constantly harassed for being selfish in not allowing persons to help me celebrate. I try to explain that they don't have to because I am not but that never appeases them. so I stopped and I decided to try and enjoy the effort persons make to make it special.

Then it hit me, I don't spend my b'day doing stuff I like to do... I don't suspend my own reality! Why is that?

Because folks.... I was spoiled as a child! I enjoyed many different things. I never asked for the fab but got it... clearly not like what they do on MTV, but fantastic enough for me. Although I am easily pleased I never made any attempt to please myself. So my failure to enjoy my birthday in the last 10 years is as a result of my own failure to make it special for myself. I depended on the hype of others.

Since that revelation, I have become energised because ideas started flowing and the rest of them that God will bless me with will be a blast.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU OLD BOY!! YOU ARE THE EPITOME OF BASHMENT!
Dun kno! Dun talk!

Selah!!

4 comments:

Miss Mel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BASHMENTIFEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Seeker said...

Hmmmmm intresting.
Happy Birthday (belated)

Diallo Dixon said...

Happy Birthday Sir Hamil, I would say I hope the year goes great but we all already know your year ahead is going to be great, so I'll just say here's to many more great birthdays.

bassChocolate said...

Happy Belated, Bassie!