Friday, April 18, 2008

Tangential

So today I over-heard a conversation that went a little something like this.

'Him beat di pussy fi spell it name. Him also tek off him belt and beat di cock fi fun.'

The persons in the conversation then turned and asked me if that was normal behaviour. I hoped they were being rhetorical. They waited for me to answer. I told them it was not ordinary behaviour.

So why they needed to ask? Then again in our culture why do they think this person is crazy? When a popular DJ tells you to beat it beat it, the whole crowd rails... women louder than men. Cock it up jack it up, bedroom bully, ... Why so violent towards such a delicate body part?

Such strange talk from a full blooded Jamaican. The rude bwoy pledge mandates pussy flogging. No lotion, pet nor powder. Sex is aggression, dominance, WAR!!! But why is that after you have negotiated a mutually beneficial romp in the sack peacefully do we then employ guerilla tactics?

But don't you dare let her think you are soft with hugging and caressing. Deal wid di matta or you are labelled a Wutliss Bway! At the risk of being so labelled and losing card member privelidges in the Jamaican real man club, I must admit that bullying was never my preferred approach and after you get married you spend more time around the table negotiating free trade agreements across all fronts, for the free movements of goods and services.

Thank God I have excellent negotiations skills!!

No need for pussy battering and certainly I was never predisposed to cock beating; my buddy is a stand-up guy whom I've had no reason to disrespect, nor have I had the displeasure of befriending anyone else's.

So it turns out that the conversation that started all of this was really about a young man who did indeed beat his pussy for not being able to spell it's name C-A-T. He also took off his belt and beat the KFC finalist for staring at him.

I suggested that they take him in for a full evaluation at Ward 21 and switch from self-medicating to potent prescription drugs.

Life....... it rough bwoy!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I often wonder about how the Jamaican society, perpetrated by the Dancehall songs, view sex. No, for them, it is not about 2 persons lovingly displaying their passion for each other by enjoying each other, but an all out war, or attack in which the man must destroy the woman and mek har ball fi har mother! As you said, "Life....... it rough bwoy!!"

bassChocolate said...

Well there must be a reason why men think this is functional behaviour. Then again, maybe it's all just a front... You really think Angel never sat on Beenie's head?