Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tweedle dee dum

Reading the interview with Danville Walker in The Sunday Gleaner May 18, 2008 and this is what he had to say about the foll.

Q: What was your biggest surprise in the last 11 years?

A: The remarkable similarities between the PNP and the JLP. I have seen both parties in and out of government; I have run elections internally and externally for both and I see not much ideological differences. I find that the PNP see themselves as career politicians, strongly aligned to academia and the university, and the JLP as a group of business-oriented part-time politicians who have come together to form a party.

I observe their intra-party relationships and those are the same. Both love the country deeply, they are both patriots, with the same hopes and aspirations for the country. What makes them different is that they see the road to success differently. They implement things differently but they are all Jamaicans. It's like the boundaries between them only exists in the mind.


Now how does that strike you? Often we say that they are the same in that all politician a tief! But I've never really heard both compared and spoken of nicely.

I guess when you sit at the table with them and see how they work and think you have a different view from those of us who are on the receiving end of failed policies, human mistakes, and negative effects of external pressures.... Jaded to say the least!

Anyway, regardless of allegiances, the answers lie in partnerships. Times too hard for us to be squabbling. When we sitting pretty on the rock then we can look back and muse about the rough edges.

Right about now, while I and I between a rock(JPS) and a hard place(NWC), I just want to know who answering my cry for help!!

Selah!!

No comments: