Saturday, June 07, 2008

This year

So I watched the University's Singers concert yesterday. It was a fabulous show. I saw many faces that have been there through the years and many new ones. I watched those faces intently and saw the expressions. I saw when someone forgot which side to rock to and when the conductor counted in a little early and the choir didn't start with him but started on time. I watched as some ppl had no rhythm dancing beside ppl who did.

But you couldn't tell them that they were not having fun. Of course a show may be tedious some days/nights. But you are up on stage.. the lights... the music.... the audience... the exhilaration...

I love it! I love watching it and I especially love being involved in it.

In the 11yrs that I have been a member of Panoridim I have never missed playing in a concert. Even when I had to work out of town and had to come in on weekends to make practice, I played. When I had serious exams coming up, I played. I retired and came back with the mothballs, I played.

This year 2000(love) I want to play but couldn't make the learning practices because of internship. So this year I won't play.... and I'm depressed about it. I won't play, I won't act, I won't be on that stage with the lights, the audience, the band members, in the midst of the music, the fun......

I'm not amused!!

No comments: