Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Woof?

So the little woman says to me today " I think I may be out of a job come August!" However, I was in the bedroom and she was in the kitchen and the television was on so I pretended that I didn't hear. Why? Because sometimes I can be such a d*ck!!

Truth is that she has been concerned about this since March and been voicing that fear since then. I just didn't want to hear rumours again. I just wanted concrete info in either direction because it means that we can now act in either direction.

I don't want to be yo-yoed!!! Damn it if she's out a job, we're in a serious predicament! Not starving to death but damn near close!!

We'll bounce back, I know. The first 5/12 I had no job and we lived off what she had and pinched some from savings. She's marketable and so I don't expect that she'll be out of job for too long. She may even be forced to concentrate on sorting out her PHd!

I don't like 'woe is me' so I just need to confirm where things are at so I can adjust my mind to what I have to face. But unfortunately this is not just about me. That's the part I forgot.

So now I have to find a way to move out of the dog house, cause as you can imagine, my answer was the wrong answer.

2 comments:

Sweet Simone said...

Did u REALLY just write 5/12 to the rest of the blog world? LOL

Bashmentbasses said...

You'd be surprised how often you have to stop yourself from dropping in the short hand outside of the hospital.