Monday, July 07, 2008

Meddling, muddling, muttering

I'm not a meddler by nature.... at least not in the truest sense of the word. I actually try to avoid getting into ppl's business outside of the professional free-for-all. But today I meddled!

Years ago two really cool friends of mine met and in turn became great friends. I thought that if any two could work together, those two would. Some how they didn't seem to see it... or perhaps I never noticed more significant happenings... after all, I just wasn't a meddler.

Anyway, as large groups of friends will go, smaller groups will meet and flex until the larger group is a tenuous former link. We all still get along and we're good; and that's good. But the question kept coming back to me... why didn't so and so link up? They are so missing out... so I thought. One dubiously jubilantly occasion, after some whetting of the palate with coconut rum, my big mouth opened with the same question. Naturally there were takers, coconut rum love suss and chat ppl.

So me gwaan wid my dumbass self fi decide seh mi a go henlighten mi fren dem bout dem dire mistake of not lookin dem one a nedda. The only sensible ting I did was stopping after telling the guy.

The ending to this story remains unwritten, not because I'm trying the sweedish writer's technique but because i just too disappointed wid meself for boldly going where I wasn't invited.

P.S. I know some of you will claim that I have fassed b4. But really now guys. If I was merely amusing myself at your expense that can't count? It's when I'm serious that it counts don't it?!

No comments: