Saturday, December 02, 2006

Details finally ....... the proposal (for men)

So I speak to her parents and after much thought I get the go-ahead. So my options are: On her birthday as I had planned or after exams on Friday. Which one scores more nookie points???..... Birthday obviously... Duh!!

So I tell her to let me know how the day stay so I can see where I can fit in. I wonder if I can do it the Sunday night (big nookie points if I'm the first birthday well wisher. The rest of her day would be bashment!) Dat flopped cause she was too tired coming in from country.

Monday I send a birthdy text and remind her to squeeze me in sometime. Some drama happened with her at work and then her laptop motherboard died and she had to go too MITS to get the info off onto 7CDs. Incidentally that same model Dell has a faulty battery and they were supposed to sort that out. Is pure bad Dell UWI get! Dem ting deh a almshouse. Yu PC no fi lef yu a road so without provocation! Anyway the info was safe.

Kelly ask me to join her and her family for dinner... chances are I'll just have to pay for myself, save a money, yu si mi! I'd done up a poem ting on some paper wid a border. I made the first letter of each line big so that she could read down the page and see that it said WILL YOU MARRY ME.

Dinner time reach and I order di pork cause it did cheap and me neva able fi di lobsta. It did look good though. Ask fi mine well hot wid peppa and drink 3 glass of wine fi steady mi nerves cause life as mi know it soon dun pon mi. Den mi start fret seh di flowas dem a go dead inna di cyaar.

Dinner dun and di tip calculator pon mi cell phone fail mi. Thats what you get 4 buyin cheap phone bout yu a save money fi ring. So we went for a drive and stop a Pegasus bout mi want fi use bathroom. Took out the stuff for the proposal and went to di poolside. Bladder felt like it goin to bust wide open but haffi hole strong cause one wrong move and mi salt.

Order up some wine. Sat by the pool. Ramble off some corny words and pass over di poem. She read it but neva figure it out so mi tell her fi look good. Eventually she figures it out so I sen on di ring. It fly out a mi head seh mi supposed to go down pon 1 knee and put it pon her finger.... afta mi all look it up on-line fi see is which finger dem use. Some ppl in Australia seh dem put it on dem right hand until di wedding then den move it to the left hand! Dat too complicated fi me.

Anyway, mi run go bathroom afta dat and den mi sing har 1 song and den mi mek her sing 1 song wid me. Den har head start hurt her and point standings levelled off. So mi drop her home and go home go beat some book.

4 comments:

bassChocolate said...

So you mean the night ended with no nookie points???

Rae said...

LOL. This is such good stuff on soooo many levels... there is of course the actual content itself (Bashment tings!), and then there's the writing! Man, you crack me UP!

me said...

Oh my Gosh!!!

Anonymous said...

Bwoy...what did tek u so long?????? I'm SOOOOO happy for you both though. Life can be a beautiful thing :)My parents jus' bus' de 44 year mark and they still happy together to rhatid. Marriage is a wonderful institution when you really try hard to appreciate one another's hangups and fears.
U funny as hell though. Kelly is in for a hell of a lifetime of madness ( more madness really) :)
Sorry bout di no nookie business dat night still, but something tells me you'll be getting PLENTY of that rather soon so don't fret.
God bless unno now and forever!!!

He did it finally!!! YEEAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!