Monday, January 07, 2008

Doctor? to date

Day 1
Dear Nola.... I was quite surprised at your offer to bgin working as a doctor in your lovely institution. I was alarmed at first working on a public holiday and missing out on the New Year's Eve parties and the festivities of the day.. but I managed for the first 4hrs.... till I heard that duty began at noon instead of 4pm as I expected. Sheeeeaaaat!!!

I then sited I.V. lines and took blood till a fool. This ain't doctorin?! Wait are you saying to me that I am supposed to see the patients and clerk them as well as write up their dockets and fluid charts and medication charts? When did that happen? When exactly do I do that running between wards as nurse after nurse calls and Residents call to give me further instructions?

"Dr. Hamil... a patient is unresponsive on Ward #." Excuse me! So I run there and take over CPR. Didn't call the resident. The nurses then asked me if I wanted to give adrenaline. "If you think it would help!" Quite decisive doctor Hamil.

" So are you gonna pronounce the patient now doctor? It has been 30min."
Sheeeeeaaaat!!!


Day 2
--Dr. Hamil work is until 4pm.
-But I'm post call. I haven't slept.
--Welcome to the dawn of the real!
Sheeeeeaaat!

So I left work 8:30pm and didn't finish what I was supposed to do. Got home and slept till morning. Got up just in time to get ready for slave..eeerr... work.

Day 3
--Where are the results?
-I don't have them
--When do you plan to get them?
-Soon?

Left work 7pm
Sheeeeaaat!

Day4

--Where are the results
-Here in my little book
--You care to put them in the docket so that others may have the use of them?
-So that's how it works!

On duty again. No sleeping that night.
Doc this guy has hick-ups.....
well let him sleep it off
That's what's stopping his sleep
ooopsss!!

Doc mi chest!
Ok your heart is beating fine and your lungs are clear so it must be indigestion. Voltaren in your ass!!

Get trace off by PMSing resident over following my Consultant's instructions cause it didn't suit her.

Day 5
But I'm tired.... get back to work. Almost finished what I was supposed to do... almost

Went home 4pm

Day 6
It's Sunday for pete's sake. Hi ho! Hi ho! Get your ass on tha cawner!! Almost finished my work again today. I just can't stand it.

Day 7
Started off nearly killing a patient. Ended by completing my work. It only took me 7 days to get on-top of my work!!!

Ahhhhh! I hear voices now!! Sounds like many people talking from all around.

I think tomorrow I may start answering prayers.

P.S. No I don't think that I have become god-like. It is sarcasm of such a high order that it is best left alone. TB and KG can feel me on that one.

5 comments:

bassChocolate said...

Oh.... You thought you were gonna be lifting metal bars and handing out parking receipts? Wake up boy!

Sweet Simone said...

Mommy, he's scaring me again! :'(

laroper18 said...

The good Lord knows why I didn't get into med. I'd have died! Hush though :-)

Thinkbass said...

HAHA HAHA HAHA
I was going to say something nice and thoughtful, but:

HAHA HAHA HAHA

Bashmentbasses said...

Nice and thoughtful just doesn't become you.